Saturday, March 7, 2009

Hello, I've ordered a 4oz Van's Blue some month ago and I'm VERY glad about theresult. I've totaly and easily restored 2 Diana mod.15 and mod.16 (heres'attached the restoration in .pdf) airguns who had a quite a worn or nonexistant blueing at all after having sanded their parts.I've followed your advice and heated the parts with a hairdryer beforebathing them in Van's Blue (the batching is more effective than rubbingthe parts with Van's Blue. The blueing is very homogenous. I've made atest before with an brand new stell washer and it turned to a nice darkblue after a good Vans' Blue bath and a good 0000 steelwool rubbing)So Id'like to order Van's blue again.

Thanks in advance,Kind regards,Stephane

1 comment:

  1. I've been using Van's Gun Blue and have had excellent results. I use Trisodium Phosphate (TSP) as a cleaner and degreaser, works great. I tried other brands and ended up with very poor results. Van's is the best.
    Vic

    ReplyDelete